Sprinkler Alarm - Smoke Detection - Fire Alarm
- Locate your buildings fire alarms, pull the fire alarm.
- Note what type of fire; electrical, building, or furniture. If you discover a fire of any size, call the fire department by dialing 911.
- Immediately yell "FIRE".
- Remove persons is immediate danger.
- If you are properly trained, and it is a small controllable fire, attempt to use the fire extinguisher to extinguish the fire.
- Try to leave the area.
- Feel the door before you start to open it. If hot, do not open it. Place towels or any material under the threshold to keep smoke from seeping into the room. If not hot, open it slowly and note the condition of the hall.
- Close doors as you leave.
- If hallways are clear of fire and smoke, proceed to exit. If hallways are blocked with fire and smoke, close the door tightly and stay by a window until rescued.
- When exiting, do not use the elevator.
- In the event of an emergency, KEEP CALM. You may save a life by keeping calm. Most lives are lost because of panic.
- If you must go through a smoke filled area, crawl along the floor where there will be less smoke and heat.
- After exiting the building, report to a designated meeting area to check in and await further instructions.
- Once you have exited the building, do not re-enter until authorities have given the "all-clear" signal
California Emergency Management Agency
3650 Schriever Ave
Mather, CA 95655
Ready Ventura County
Southern California Edison