When the decision is made to place your home on the market, you must file a letter called a Notice of Intent to Sell with the Affordable Housing Program (City Program). Use the form. The Notice of Intent contains the following information:
- State your intent to sell.
- Provide the address of the house for sale.
- Date escrow closed when current owner purchased the property.
- Purchase price at the close of escrow, when current owner purchased property.
- The number of bedrooms.
- Provide legal names and signatures.
- As supporting document of home purchase, attach copy of escrow settlement statement or tax report.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ESCROW MUST NOT OPEN UNTIL ALL INFORMATON IS RECEIVED AND FOUND ACCEPTABLE BY THE CITY.
The letter should be sent via mail, hand carried or by email to:
Housing Authority of the
City of San Buenaventura
995 Riverside Street
Ventura, CA 93001
WHAT TO DO IF YOU HAVE A POTENTIAL BUYER
Sellers or Agents acting for the sellers need to do the following:
- Screen potential buyers by using the income chart.
- Make sure the buyer’s income does not exceed the maximum allowable household income limit.
- Make sure that the buyer is aware of the Affordable Housing Restrictions applicable to the tract.